Before I Fall (2017)

I first saw Zoey Deutsch in Beautiful Creatures(just the trailer...I wanted to watch it, but I don't remembered what happened...I'll probably just get the DVD or something), but I did not have the slightest idea that she is Lea Thompson's daughter.  In a way that's good because she is recognized because of her individuality and not because she's the daughter of someone famous.

My friend(one of the two companions I have seen this with) chose this movie for our monthly date during my birthday month.  It's like Groundhog Day/12:01/Sliding Doors(this is more of a multiverse thing)/If Only and so much more.  Even the animation series of Disney Channel, Totally Spies, has a version of this theme.

Even if the theme is not new, I like the way it was told.  Every actor was convincing.  It had cheesy parts, but there were lots of exciting parts too.

In a way, I envied Samantha.  She was given a chance to redo things over and over again, but I wouldn't want that to happen to me.  I want to wake up to a brand new day, then start over.  Not everyone is promised tomorrow, I know, but her "last day"(this she mentions in the start of the film) was played several times that it took a toll that she became a rebel without a cause.

I like that it had also a sense of balance.  Freaks are not just freaks. They too have a story.  Mean girls are not entirely mean, et cetera, et cetera.

This story is about the decisions we make in our lives and how we defend and make a stand for our loved ones.

People just need to feel they belong for them to stay. People need to know that they are loved.

It's a wonderful movie.  I don't mind watching it again.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)