A Dog's Purpose (2017) -Parental Guidance
As Bailey, Bailey, Bailey journeyed and found his "Buddy" Ethan and the older version of Hannah(Peggy Lipton looks very young for seventy---I joked that maybe a life without Quincy Jones is stress free---but hey, I am REALLY just kidding---peace to everybody who loves Quincy Jones), I was crossing my fingers that Ethan would know that Buddy and Bailey are one and the same.
The movie is well-acted and we felt what Bailey was feeling as Police Dog Ellie, Cute Corgi Tino and Buddy who first lived with a "trash" couple then eventually found his way back to Ethan.
All actors who played Ethan were great from the 8-year-old, to the teen(who plays Archie Andrews in the TV Series, Riverdale) up to the person in his sunset years as played by Dennis Quaid.
There are many fun scenes, proud moments and lots of lighthearted events even if there were scenes that made me cry buckets of tears.
The "ending" gave me a light feeling.
It is worth watching again and again again.
- Josh Gad as the voice of Bailey, Ellie, Tino and Buddy.
- Dennis Quaid as Ethan Montgomery (adult)
- KJ Apa as teenage Ethan Montgomery (truly versatile)
- Bryce Gheisar as eight-year old Ethan Montgomery
- Juliet Rylance as Elizabeth Montgomery, Ethan's mother.
- Peggy Lipton as Hannah (adult)--At seventy, she looks so young
- Britt Robertson as young Hannah
- John Ortiz as Carlos Ruiz
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Maya
- Pooch Hall as Al
- Luke Kirby as Jim Montgomery, Ethan's father (immersed in his role
- Logan Miller as Todd (after playing a very lovable Kent in Before I Fall, he is very "hateful" here---another versatile actor)