ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY/ One Beat For Pao A Film Showing for a Cause



Informative Teaser

Everyone who is close to me know that I am a Star Wars fan.  Maybe I'm not as avid as some people I know, but I am definitely a fan.  When I was little I even had all those collectibles, board games, etc.  

When the first ROGUE ONE teaser was shown, I was pretty psyched, so when a friend ask us to pay a little more than we should to watch it so it could help raise some funds for his Deep Brain Stimulation operation, I was more than glad to oblige. The film showing is his first fund raiser activity.  The operation alone costs PhP2M, but as I know very well, it does not end there.  There'll be rehabilitation sessions, maintenance medicine, et cetera, so I am pretty certain there will be other fund raisers for Pao in the near future.

The organizers are very grateful to all who have already help.  Every little amount will go a long, long way...




The movie exceeded our expectations,  though I know there were those who were saying, "Why do they have to that for...? So much energy and purpose wasted on..."  For us, it did not have one dull moment.  "The Force is with me.  I am one with the Force."  (The mantra of the rebels of "The Empire") I kept on looking for Aaron Paul because of the earlier press releases, but instead I found Diego Luna, the very bad Mexican boyfriend who corrupted a minor in Blood Father.  He did his part well.  Here he proves that he could be likeable too.  He is a versatile actor.  Felicity Jones was...is very effective as Jyn Erso and she has good chemistry with Diego.   Aaron Paul will be featured in the Han Solo spin-off, according to other press releases and articles.  

Donnie Yen(Chimut Imwe), one of my favorite Asian actors, has a very vital part in this movie(events that happened BEFORE episode 4) alongside with Chinese Star Jiang Wen/Wen Jiang(Baze Malbus), who is very admirable in this film.


For once(maybe I'm exaggerating), Mads Mikkelsen plays a good person in a movie. He is Gael Erso, Jyn's father.  


Forest Whitaker was very "commanding" in his depiction of Saw Guerrera(A warrior full of wisdom).


I could go on and on, but I think I'll stop now.  I might give spoilers and people don't want that, but I could say that many of us, if not all, applauded when the movie was "over". According to my nephew Gareth Edwards really wanted to show how real war is and he was very successful in doing so.


 Kudos to everyone involved in this film!


Star Wars Rogue One: EVERYTHING you need to know about the Gareth Edwards directed Felicity Jones starring standalone

You will be happily "surprised" to see the other members of the cast on the silver screen, but below is the list of main characters from Wikipedia:

  • Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso, a rogue maverick detained by the Empire. (The role fits you to a T)
  • Diego Luna as Cassian Andor, a Rebel Alliance Intelligence officer. (You are amazing)
  • Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic, the Director of Advanced Weapons Research for the Imperial Military. (You were so good that I wanted to kick you)
  • Donnie Yen as Chirrut Îmwe, a blind warrior who believes in the Force. (You never disappoint!)
  • Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Jyn's father and a research scientist, from whom the Rebels intercepted a transmission about the testing of the Death Star. (I love your role here)
  • Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, a Rebel-owned Imperial enforcer droid whose memory is wiped by Andor. (You were so funny)
  • Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook, a former Imperial pilot who defects to the Rebels. (You did well)
  • Jiang Wen as Baze Malbus, a Rebel warrior and mercenary. (Wow! It's hard to believe that you never saw any Star Wars film before you accepted your role, but you did well)
  • Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera, a veteran of the Clone Wars.  (Hats off!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)