Le Grand Cirque, Christmas Day (Matinee)

Come one, come all!  Bring your whole family!

As I was battling with asthma, body ache, heartache, et cetera, dad was so excited to ask me to "google" how much THE GREAT AMERICAN CIRCUS' tickets were and if it was safe to purchase tickets online.  I asked dad when and where the circus was going to be held and he said the circus would "open" on Christmas day at the Smart Araneta Coliseum up to the 3rd of January.  

"Dada, there's no circus by that name, but performers from Las Vegas have a show called LE GRAND CIRQUE from that date to that date at SAC."

The tickets are quite reasonable.  Check Ticket Net.  If you want to avail of the discounts for seniors and persons with disability, you have to purchase the tickets at the Araneta Coliseum or at the SM Store Customer Service/Bills Payment centers. Those who purchase tickets online wouldn't be able to avail of the discounts(but if you're not a senior citizen/student/PWD, go ahead, purchase online---they guarantee that it's safe).

We bought our tickets at SM Aura (LG, The SM Store)
LE GRAND CIRQUE, according to the press releases and TicketNet, is the "next generation" of Cirque du Soleil.

I have been to Las Vegas several times already, but I have never seen them perform before, so I didn't quite know what expect.

"Will there be lions and tigers?"

"I don't know."

"Elephants?"

Argh.  That was my forty-five-year-old baby brother asking that question and not my ten-year-old nephew.

"If it is anything like Cirque du Soleil, then this will showcase graceful acrobats and the like...so I am guessing that only humans would be performing."

I was right(there were mascots, but they have humans inside---hehehehe).

The "ring master" was so funny.  Little kids called him "Mustache" and they kept laughing whenever he was around.

He started his stint five minutes before the first performance.  The death defying solo flying trapeze act.  I have lots of shots, but since she was moving too fast... 




The ones after the flying trapeze act were good, but my favorite was the aerial silk dancer. I was so awe struck that...




Anyways, here are some of the •other• photographs:



The muscle men

The Ring Master/Mustache and his "victims"



The Grand Finale


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)