Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)

Investigator Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise) springs into action after the arrest of Susan Turner (Cobie Smulders), an Army major accused of treason. Suspecting foul play, Jack embarks on a mission to prove that the head of his old unit is innocent. After crossing paths with the law, Reacher must now go on the lam to uncover the truth behind a major government conspiracy that involves the death of U.S. soldiers.-World Wide Web
From Danika Yarosh's IG

This second Jack Reacher movie was based on Lee Child's 18th book of the Jack Reacher series. Before watching the film I was totally clueless that this was a series of books. I've seen the first movie several times on cable. Except for the Mission Impossible series and a couple of others, I haven't been so interested in watching a Tom Cruise film on the big screen ever since he broke off with Nicole Kidman and when I found out he is a Scientologist, which was unfair because I still watched John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Roma Downey and the others.

Since I've seen the Jack Reacher movie with Rosamund Pike several times(always too late to see the credits at the beginning and too bust to read the end credits---multitasking again), I was excited to see this film. True, he seemed to have a new love interest, but so did James Bond(with lots on the side).

When the movie started the first thoughts that came to mind was this was going to be a cheesy film, most especially when the ex-Major and the Major became "phone pals" and started to have feelings for each other, but just like what the trailer "promised", this movie is a "more than meets the eye" film.

Cobie Smulders removed her "Aunt Robin" glamor and her Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. persona. She looked tougher here, but still gorgeous. As a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. she is also looks strong, but more feminine.  Here, she looks a little bit more masculine, her jawline a bit stiffer, et cetera.

Danika Yarosh, a beautiful 18-year old actor, was probably 16 or seventeen during filming, plays Reacher's "possible" 15-year-old daughter. All throughout the movie I kept wishes that it was true. Did I get my wish?

Instead of answering, let me just say that when the movie ended it made me want to go to the nearest Fully Booked store(Bonifacio High Street) to buy the Reacher series.  I was not able to check the credits of the first Reacher movie. I wanted to, but always set it aside(plus aforementioned reasons), so I "made a mistake" of checking the Good Reads subscribers thoughts regarding the 18th book.   The ones who hated it outnumbered the ones who liked it, but I think, only because I stopped reading,  no one loves this 18th installment because Reacher was out of character. He was so arrogant et cetera.

Hmm...basing on what the Lee Child readers think, I could safely surmise that the movie is better...I'm sure a lot of bashers would disagree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)