Deep Water Horizon (2016) PG-13

Deep Water Horizon
History versus Movie
Donors the workers, but oversimplifies the blowout


On April 20, 2010, the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, igniting a massive fireball that kills several crew members. Chief electronics technician Mike Williams (Mark Wahlberg) and his colleagues find themselves fighting for survival as the heat and the flames become stifling and overwhelming. Banding together, the co-workers must use their wits to make it out alive amid all the chaos.
Release dateSeptember 30, 2016 (USA)



I am not saying much.  This was the biggest ocean explosion that I know of in my lifetime.  Of course, the events not recorded like scenes in the bedroom or private conversations were probably fictionalised for cinematic purposes and according to the link above, the blowout was oversimplified. I think if it were shown more extensively, I would have regurgitated after, or maybe even during the movie, so I think we were shown what we needed to know.  

I wanted to kick the daytime and nighttime supervisors.  

My heart goes out to the eleven who did not have to die if not for the nighttime supervisor.  He should have been sentenced for murder and not manslaughter, but maybe it's just my angry self speaking and not one with clear judgment.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)