The Divergent Series: Allegiant

In support for Manresa 1987's Stand Up For Life
(Taken during our pre movie dinner at Santouka Hokkaido Ramen, ATC)
Tris must escape with Four and go beyond the wall enclosing Chicago. For the first time ever, they will leave the only city and family they have ever known in order to find a peaceful solution for their embroiled city. Once outside, old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless with the revelation of shocking new truths. Tris and Four must quickly decide who they can trust as a ruthless battle ignites beyond the walls of Chicago which threatens all of humanity. In order to survive, Tris will be forced to make impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love. -WWW
I'm a Veronica Roth fan and I am currently reading the life of FOUR before he met Tris so I was really into the Divergent series.  I could relate to every battle(internal and external) and I could empathize and/or sympathize with every character and situation.

Not all the critics liked this film, which I later learned is the penultimate episode, because they think it's dull, et cetera, but I think otherwise.  I liked it.  I liked the fact that it wasn't too gory. 

We watched it through a fund raising event(Bestie's school/we used my nephew's tickets) for people who have cancer.

True, it didn't really take me to the edge of my seat like when I watched LONDON HAS FALLEN, but I really enjoyed it.  Bestie did not watch any of the two installments, but she liked this one too.

Jeff Daniels, who was my crush BEFORE he made Dumb and Dumber(It was a deal breaker for me---but how come it added some appeal to and for Jim Carrey?), did well here, but isn't he typecast for this type of role nowadays?  Well, maybe I'm wrong.

Theo James is really good here and I must say he's really a sight for sore eyes.  He also has good chemistry with Shailene Woodley and I hope they would have more projects together.

You cannot discount the acting ability of the bit players and the supporting characters.  Everyone internalized well and were able execute...

Props go out to Zoe Kravitz(Cristina) and the rest of the troop.
Theo James was more than an eye candy here.  He was fabulous as FOUR.
I can't wait for ASCENDANT and the prequel called FOUR


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)