The Minions (2015) imho: Strong Parental Guidance (PG)




  1. Evolving from single-celled yellow organisms at the dawn of time, Minions live to serve, but find themselves working for a continual series of unsuccessful masters, from T. Rex to Napoleon. Without a master to grovel for, the Minions fall into a deep depression. But one minion, Kevin, has a plan; accompanied by his pals Stuart and Bob, Kevin sets forth to find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow. Their search leads them to Scarlet Overkill, the world's first-ever super-villainess.-WWW

It took me a while before watching this film.  If I didn't get an sms from my dear friend, Vecca(hopefully she did not feel slighted when I didn't know it was her who texted me---since I have a new phone, I lost my contacts), I wouldn't push myself(and my mom) to watch this last night(dad's evening meeting ended a little past nine in the evening so we watched the 6:50PM showing).

I received mixed reviews.  My brother, my sister-in-law and my nephew loved it.  A lot of people were ecstatic, but there were some who called it a hype too.

What do I think of it?

It's very, very enjoyable, but I think it's not for kids.  It was rated as PG, but I think it should have been SPG(Strict Parental Guidance).  There were lot of disturbing scenes.  Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 had violence, of course, because Gru was despicable, right? Still, it was balanced and not so scary.  There were many endearing scenes too.

Anyways, mom and I were laughing all the way.  The minions were natural polyglots.  They understood everyone, but everyone didn't understand them.  They mixed Bahasa, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, French and a whole lot more, to form the Minionese.  ;-)  Minionese is so spectacular.  I want to learn it too. Hahaha!

Kudos everyone.  

From Wikipedia:


Hooray for the Simple Joys:










He loves McDonald's, but somehow the little man didn't like the Banana McDip much.  He says it tastes like banana flavored medicine.  Grandma had to finish it for him.  Good thing she liked it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)