The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 2013




The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a philosophical movie presented as a romantic-comedy film feature.  It has some action-packed scenes and some memorable lines.  It is also a film where adventurous people that love to travel can relate to.

I hope my friends who are in similar situation like Cheryl could find someone like Walter.  



In more ways than one, I can relate to Walter Mitty.

There are moments of blah when my mind wanders and dream of what could be in the most creative way I could think of.

Yet, as the tagline of this movie says: STOP DREAMING. START LIVING.


I'll never forget the little boy(or about him) who was sitting behind me when I was watching this movie.  He was about four or five years old, yet he was asking intellectual questions.  Normally, if someone's talking behind you, you could get irritated.  His case was different.  It was cute and very admirable.

"Are the people in Greenland all Americans? How come they all know how to speak in English?"

"Oh, so the people in Iceland can speak their own language in this movie, but the people in Greenland can't?"

"What did Sean O'Connel say to Walter, grammy?"

"Isn't that impossible, grammy?"

There were other witty questions, but those were the ones I remember. I was apprehensive because I didn't know how his grammy would react, but I praised him anyway.

He said, "Thank you!"

I said, "God bless you!"

He said, "God bless you too!"

His grandma was so elated that we noticed her little grandson.
In 1947 there was a movie of the same title.  It was a musical and Walter Mitty was in the military, NOT in Time Life.  It was based on the short story of the same title written by James Thurber:

The name Walter Mitty and the derivative word "Mittyesque" have entered the English language, denoting an ineffectual person who spends more time in heroic daydreams than paying attention to the real world, or more seriously, one who intentionally attempts to mislead or convince others that he is something that he is not. In military circles, this usually refers to people who try to fake an impressive career.
The 2013 movie's story and screenplay were written by Steven Conrad

Memorable lines:

Sean O'Connell: Beautiful things don't ask for attention.

Cheryl: Life is about courage and going into the unknown.


...and the best:  (Life's motto)



The 1947 Film (a musical) 
LINKS:
BEHIND THE SCENES (2013)
BEHIND THE SCENES 2 (2013)
Tibet

Walter and Sean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)