Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit

pinoy top sites




I love Tom Clancy.  No, we did not have any romantic relationship, but I loved reading his books.  I have tons and tons of literature written by him and some of them with his collaborators.  I haven't had the chance to read e-book versions of his books, but I own hardbound copies and paperback copies.  There was a time that his books were my companions almost everyday of my life and my favorite character that he created IS Jack Ryan.


Jack Ryan is like a good online friend.  We've never met each other face to face, but I know a lot about him. I also care for his family and his organization. Sigh.  


When I learned from the grapevine that Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit was going to be shown on the big screen, I was pretty excited about it.  OK, Tom Clancy is probably in writers' heaven, if there's such a place, so I was glad that one of his children will be immortalized and/or rebooted.

I was not so disappointed compared to other Jack Ryan/Tom Clancy afficionadi.   There were scenes that could have been more believable or researched better, but those aside, it was enjoyable.

No matter what they say about Chris Pine, I think he played his role well.

Kenneth Branagh is a good director and a good actor.  It is just obvious that he is very narcissistic because after that "This too is for Russia!"  scene, the close-ups were perfect.

WHAT ARE THE SCENES I DIDN'T LIKE MUCH?
As a whole, I liked it.  I don't think Tom Clancy would turn on his grave or anything like that. There were other technical flaws, but since I'm not an expert on those things, I would not tackle on that.

There's one thing or scene I think I have a right to speak about. 

Couldn't they think of anything else? Viktor's weakness of desiring unattainable women is, for lack of a better term,  overused already.  Hmmm, but then again, even the most intelligent people fall for the same trap again and again and again.  

Oh well.

I am hoping the sequel would be better and yes, I would definitely watch it.  I can't wait for Kevin Costner and Kiera Knightley to have more action scenes.



Popular posts from this blog

The Giver (2014)

J.K .Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (a Harry Potter Prequel) First of a Trilogy

Sana Dati: A bittersweet story with a beautiful ending (Another thinkers' movie)