Claudia Gray's TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU (A Firebird Novel)


Genius isn’t just intelligence, she explained to me once. It’s the ability to see further than anyone around you, to put together different concepts in a way no one else has imagined. Genius implies originality and independence. -Sophie, Marguerite's mom (Claudia Gray-- Ten Thousand Skies Above You)

I judged this book by its cover.  I bought this book because of the cover and the blurb. Normally, I would regret such move, but thankfully, I did not need to.

This book is a page turner.  I have always been fascinated with alternate universes and quantum leaps.  I wouldn't want it to be real, but somehow, when I do something very, very wrong, but I know quashing my life is not a solution, I would hope there was another dimension I could go to.

Claudia Gray envisioned and verbalized some of my thoughts.  I thought I was not going to enjoy it because I have not even read the first installment: A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU.  I am glad I was wrong.

It was great meeting the different Theos, Pauls and Marguerites.  When Marguerite leaped into one of her versions, I learned that she's not from our dimension.  All the while I thought she was "our" Marguerite.  When she did not know what Sisley is or who invented the iPhone, it was safe to surmise she's from some other part of the multiverse.

Ten thousand skies, and a million worlds, and it still wouldn't be enough for me to share with you.  Nothing less than forever will do.- Marguerite Caine(Claudia Gray's TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU)

I bought this book a Fully Booked, so they probably have the first installment.

I can't wait to finally read it and the next one...

:-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)