Harry and Patty (2018)

From imdb
Directed by JULIUS ALFONSO
Written by VOLTA DELOS SANTOS
Believe it or not there is something magical about the pairing of these two. I could only speak for myself, but I got those cheap thrills...kilig moments...whenever the two of our lead stars are together.

I've seen KAKAI BAUTISTA in person. She is very voluptuous and her voice resonates to the highest heavens.  They even call her THE DENTAL DIVA in reference to her big teeth, but she has her own charm and awesomeness.

AHRON VILLENA, according to something I read, and Kakai, were going steady before, and here are a couple of videos that prove it:



(source)
(source)
I truly believe that once upon a time these two were really in love.  Why is it so impossible for you to believe?  

The Underdog(the short story version) is far from the story of Harry and Patty, but people questioned Craig's choice.  

The Lord prefers common-looking people. That is the reason he makes so many of them. Abraham Lincoln (some say it wasn't Honest Abe who said this, but Mary Todd Lincoln)
Kakai is beautiful in her own way.  Maybe not in the world's standards, but she is indeed beautiful.  Who are we to say that she isn't?

I admire Ahron for admitting to the world that he still cares for her, and he wants the best for her.  I also admire him for not denying to the public that they did have a past.

It's just so funny that most of the people who laugh at Kakai's looks don't look at the mirror...or maybe they are just laughing because of their own insecurities.

For me, even physically, she is beautiful.  That's how I see her, and beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, and for me, just to reiterate, she is beautiful.

Patty is so insecure because her baby brother never lets her forget that she is homely, so when Harry came along she couldn't believe that someone like him could love someone like her.  She thought she was being punked or something.

There are many couples who do not match physically, but their hearts and minds are one.

I am also guilty by saying this when someone who loved me married someone whom I thought of as homely...as if I'm the most beautiful person in the world..."What?!  She chose her over me?!?"

I am definitely not the most beautiful person in the world.  I know that.  Someone who is so gorgeous actually said that of me when someone chose me over her.

One time, in our very own Parish, after I sang the Psalm so softly one Maundy Thursday, when guys encircled me, making me feel good, some women said, "What in the world do they see in her?  She's not that beautiful."

Well, the consolation is the fact that they said "not that"...

Beauty is only skin deep.  People should have substance.  

Patty is a good person.  She's loving, caring, all that.  There are many reasons why a guy like Harry could love her.

BTW, the script is great too, and this movie was directed well too.

The supporting cast?  Superb!

It has funny moments, but it has thought-provoking moments too.

The long and short of it, it's a very enjoyable movie.

Others were so surprised to like it.  I wasn't surprised, and I actually love it.


⁕⚘🎴💮

Thanks for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)