The REVENANT (2015)


rev·e·nant
ˈrevəˌnäN,-nənt/
noun
  1. a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead.


The Revenant 2015 is a story based on true events and in part from the book written by Michael Punke.  Most of the story was conjured by by Iñárritu and Mark L. Smith.  It's called a semi-biographical film because some of the characters and events were just figments of imagination of Iñárritu and Smith.

The story is very heavy and I couldn't help it...I cried during a lot of parts.  I also got very, very angry at some of the conquerors.  I was able to empathize and sympathize with a lot of characters, real or reel.  I honestly don't know the difference, because every scene and every character is very real to me.

Tom Hardy is really quite versatile(he made me hate Fitzgerald) and Will Poulter, who used to play roles of children when he was already a teenager(just like Leonardo DiCaprio in Lassie etc.) is really good as Bridger.

"Leo" deserves all the accolades he has been getting for this film.  My favorite gruesome part was when he made a "brother" horse his shelter from the cold. My heart was broken when he found his son dead and he knew who the culprit was.  His determination gave him strength and courage making him like a phoenix, rising from the ashes.

The Native Americans are someone like the Filipinos.  They are very "tribal" as Filipinos are very regionalistic.  I bet if this wasn't the case(tribes killing one another), they wouldn't have been conquered and as for "us", I guess we would have been experiencing true freedom(with responsibility) now.

I also remembered certain scenes from Disney's Pocahontas, but this is more graphic.




Anyways, instead of making this a long narrative on my part, just click these links:

While exploring the uncharted wilderness in 1823, legendary frontiersman Hugh Glass (Leonardo DiCaprio) sustains injuries from a brutal bear attack. When his hunting team leaves him for dead, Glass must utilize his survival skills to find a way back home to his beloved family. Grief-stricken and fueled by vengeance, Glass treks through the wintry terrain to track down John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy), the former confidant who betrayed and abandoned him.-WWW

Initial release: December 25, 2015 (USA)

Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu
Running time: 2h 36m
Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki
Box office: 223.6 million USD

From Wikipedia
Some of the crew:

Crew


Vital members of the cast:

Congratulations to everyone involved in this film!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)