|Story by||José Rivera|
|Based on||Deep Down Dark|
by Héctor Tobar
It's just sad that only five of us were in the theater. I wish more people would be able to see this film.
Just to be trapped that deep for a couple days could make a person go loco, but since they had each other, as led by a great man of valor called Mario Sepulveda(Banderas), they were able to resolve their differences as they helped each other to survive.
It was not easy. They only had few food supplies to be EQUALLY divided each day(to give you an idea, imagine a small can of tuna being rationed to 33 MEN).
- Antonio Banderas as "Super" Mario Sepúlveda, public face for the group of miners, who made daily video logs to assure the public that they were all right.---for me, he never disappoints and this is no exception ;-)
- Rodrigo Santoro as MinisterLaurence Golborne, the Minister of Mining of Chile.---He did his job well as the handsome and caring MInister of Public Works and Highways, which includes Mining, of course.
- Juliette Binoche as María Segovia, Darío's sister. (She was so good here that I forgot that she's really French---I wanted to taste her empanadas)
- James Brolin(Cameo) His short role was very vital.
- Lou Diamond Phillips as Luis "Don Lucho" Urzúa, the shift foreman, who took a leading role while the miners were trapped and helped make more accurate maps of the cave for the rescue crews.---LDP is LUCHO. No doubt about that.
- Mario Casas as Álex Vega,a miner who suffered from kidney problems and hypertension. ----Mario Casas owned the role
- Juan Pablo Raba as Darío Segovia, drill operator and son of a miner. ---he played his role very, very well
- Kate del Castillo as Katy Valdivia de Sepúlveda---she played Katy perfectly
- Cote de Pablo as Jessica Vega, the wife of Álex Vega.---she's the awesomely beautiful pregnant woman
- Jacob Vargas as Edison "Elvis" Peña, the miners' song leader, who requested that Elvis Presley songs be sent down the mine.---a very lively person
- Bob Gunton as PresidentSebastián Piñera,president of Chile. ---he is like a chameleon...he plays any role well and he was a believable Chilean President
- Gabriel Byrne as André Sougarret, the engineer who masterminded the escape operation.---I always get lost in his eyes...He was definitely Engr. Sougarret here!
- Naomi Scott as Escarlette Sepúlveda Valdivia, Mario and Katy's daughter.
- Marco Treviño as José Henríquez, the miners' pastor, who led daily prayers within the shelter.---he, too, was believable
- Oscar Nunez as Yonni Barrios --I think I saw him first(I could be wrong) in THE PROPOSAL. If he was good there, he's great here.
- Alejandro Goic as Franklin Lobos
- Tim Willcox as himself
- Federico Luppi
- Tenoch Huerta
- Pedro Calvo