THE HOBBIT-- The Battle of the Five Armies

We have gladly supported the block screenings of Southridge Class of 2016 from An Unexpected Journey, to The Desolation of Smaug  to The Battle of the Five Armies. (All the best, SR2016!)



Alabang Town Center Cinema 5


Some of the ones who were the earliest to arrive


Having reclaimed Erebor and vast treasure from the dragon Smaug, Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) sacrifices friendship and honor in seeking the Arkenstone, despite Smaug's fiery wrath and desperate attempts by the Hobbit Bilbo (Martin Freeman) to make him see reason. Meanwhile, Sauron sends legions of Orcs in a sneak attack upon the Lonely Mountain. As the fate of Middle Earth hangs in the balance, the races of Men, Elves and Dwarves must decide whether to unite and prevail -- or all die.- WWW
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for extended sequences of intense fantasy action violence, and frightening images)

Cast: Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Orlando Bloom, Lee Pace, Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, Luke Evans, Evangeline Lilly

Director: Peter Jackson

Running time: 2 hours, 24 minutes


I like it.  I can't say that I super duper love it, but I like it very much that I am even willing to watch this again. The added characters have very special roles that make us feel giddy inside, but also wrench our hearts.  

All of the actors are very versatile and the script is well-written.  I could go on and on and on, but instead of writing my opinion(s), I will just l share some links:








I agree with most of the reviews(about 80%) above anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)