Nim's Island (2008)

General Viewership
   

There was a time when I used to imagine living on an island as big as Nim's and having the place all to myself just to have a weekend getaway or maybe stay there for a couple of weeks, but I couldn't imagine living there for a long, long time. 

 Nim, a beautiful feisty and brave eleven year old girl, lived on an island with her Marine Biologist and National Geographic contributor, Jack Rusoe. Since there were no other children (or other people in the island), young Nim's best friends were animals. She also took refuge in reading. Her imagination runs wild every time she turns the pages of whatever kind of book. There is one series of books that became her favorite. It was the Alex Rover REAL adventures with the theme: BE THE HERO OF YOUR OWN STORY. Nim took this to heart. Wait, I'm getting carried away. I might give a lot of spoilers so I'll just say that this is one film that the adults and the children will enjoy. The story, the actors, the scenes and everything else are great! 

LINKS:  
OFFICIAL WEBSITE 
IMDB  
WENDY ORR's WEBSITE (Original Story: Book)



Trailer #1

Trailer #2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)