Forbidden Kingdom (2008)

Category:Movies
Genre: Action & Adventure
Once upon a time in China there was a drunken master who journeyed to the west...


http://reviewtm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/The-Forbidden-Kingdom-2008-2.jpg


I have been waiting for this movie since it was announced some months back and I must say that it was worth the wait!

The film was action packed and magical. Wow! Two of my favorite Asian Actors: Jet Li and Jackie Chan were equally topbilled in this movie. They were both fabulous.

I love the moves, the dialogue and everything else. Even Sky High's Michael Angarano was adorable as Jason and Liu Yi Fei was a charming golden sparrow.

Haaay. Jason and Sparrow had magical moments too!

"If you don't get attached to people and desires, never shall your heart be broken...but are you truly alive?"- paraphrased from Lu Dongbin's words to Jason

The characters were based on Wu Cheng'en's novel Journey to the West, but the screenplay's plot is very, very different from the novel according to the Jade Warlord Actor, Collin Chou (Wikipedia info). Oh, I have yet to find that out.

Even if there are better martial arts films than this one, I give it a five because it has every element that I like in a movie---action/adventure-dramedy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)