X-Men Apocalypse/Captain America: Civil War (2016)

When a person has fewer clients by choice, you would think he or she would have more time to blog about what he or she has watched or whatever else that is important in his or her life.  Unfortunately that is not how it is.  I have other concerns and most of them are not worth writing.  I did see some awesome movies, musicals, plays and concerts that left me awe struck, but the glory of the moment has dissipated already so I skipped writing my wonderful experiences while watching the aforementioned.

Anyways, I need to give myself a push to write "here" again and since I'm on a hiatus with regards to writing personal online journals, I will just write about two of the movies I've seen recently at Director's Club Cinema of SM BF Parañaque.  I must say that there's still going to be some sort of personal touch, because after all, I am definitely not a critic, but just an observer.  I must also warn you that this is not going to be an award winning piece, so read at your own risk.  ;-p

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR


Things to remind the viewers that it's only a movie...hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk ;p


People never learn. "Divide and conquer" is one of the oldest tricks in the world. Steve Rogers and Tony Stark weren't spared from this and so were their friends.

I was a tad surprised to see the beautiful Marisa Tomei as Aunt May, got engrossed with certain scenes, got bored with some, but thankfully, Spidey(Tom Holland) and The Ant Man(Paul Rudd) gave life to the movie.  I still liked the movie as a whole, especially the scenes with Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie.  Chris Evans is hot, but I like Robert Downey Jr. more, so I guess you can say that I was "Team Iron Man" all the way.   At the back of my mind, this wasn't a Captain America installment, but one of the sequels of THE AVENGERS.  One of the reviews I read said it's both a sequel of Captain America:The Winter Soldier and The Avengers: Age of Ultron, so I'm somewhat right.

If you want real reviews, here are some of the links of the ones I read:

CinemaBlend

The Guardian

Variety

Birth Movies Death

Rolling Stone

Screen Rant



X-MEN APOCALYPSE




My nine-year-old nephew was so curious to watch this movie because it had  bad reviews.  He wanted to know if the critics were(are) right and he wondered why the critics thought this and that.  At the end of the film we both blurted out "Awesome!" "Maganda naman pala!"

We still have a hangover and even if we don't want time to move quickly, we are both excited to see the sequel.  While we were having yogurt after the movie, my parents told us that they liked the film very much and they are very grateful that we were there for my nephew, their grandson, even if he is a bright kid, there were scenes that were quite scary for a young boy.

At the end of the movie my nephew said, "The timelines were changed because X-men: Days of Future Past."

:)

Critics may have lambasted this film, but we like it.   All of us have our own opinions and each opinion matters.  ;-) Besides, the makeup/prosthetic were, for lack of a better term, breathtaking. All of the members of the original cast were fabulous and so were the latest additions like Alexandra Shipp, Olivia Munn et al. 

My bestie didn't even realize(this was added after we talked about the movie) that Oscar Isaac, a very handsome actor of Star Wars Episode 7(The Force Awakens) fame(Poe Dameron), played Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur. A little trivia: He graduated from Julliard and he was a member of their Drama Division. 

GOT's Sophie Turner was, at least for me, very impressive as the young Jean Grey, but some said her acting was overrated.  Haist! 

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but when Air Force One was first shown,  I was in the States.  The critics were discouraging people to watch the "lousy" film.  Maybe it's a "reverse psychology" thing, but I almost didn't watch it.  Thank goodness, I had a chance to watch it and no matter how flawed it was, I still liked it.

Here are the links of the reviews I wanna share with you and not all of them have a good opinion of the film:

Comic Book Resources

Mercury News

US Magazine

REEL VIEWS

The Guardian

Kudos to the cast and crew.

You all are awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)