Just the 3 of Us (R-13) 2016

note: I was able to watch great movies before this one, but for one reason or another I wasn't able to blog about them.
Director: Cathy Garcia-Molina
An unlikely love story between polar opposites Uno(JOHN LLOYD CRUZ) and CJ(JENNYLYN MERCADO), two strangers, and how one night changes their lives forever. Unforeseen circumstances collide and force Uno and CJ to live under the same roof as they both deal with their sense of responsibility and their yearning for security. Uno is motivated by his sense of family while CJ is governed by an unconditional love that should put her first above everything else. The unlikely thing that binds Uno and CJ together paves the way for them to find in each other the kind of love they never thought they needed. (source)
Just the 3 of Us is a feel good romantic comedy.  Heartstrings were pulled towards the middle of the film, but it was balanced with lots of laughs, love of family, great friends, etc.

The very cute neighbour, Hopia, as portrayed by JUNG CHUN SA (Credited as Chun Sa Jung), was very witty and lovable.  She was one of those who gave life to the story, besides our two lead characters.

RICHARD YAP acted so naturally here, and I must say, that he is getting better and better.

Everyone worked well with each other, and the story was well-written and well-directed(too many wells).  ;-) It might not be a super spectacular flick, but it surely is a memorable one. 

Normally, when we watch movies at the Commercenter Cinemas, we would be less than ten, but thankfully, the theatre was almost filled to the brim.  Everybody seemed immersed in the story.  We giggled at the same time and cried almost at the same time. 

It's just sad that those topics that were still taboo two decades ago just get shrugs of shoulders nowadays. Even if at times I don't wear modest clothing, I am more conservative than others.

Sigh.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop and leave everything else to the "experts".

Oh, and I might watch this again.  The story as a whole is really good.

:-D

By the way, this movie made me realise that if I did not take the narrow path, I probably would have a son or a daughter as old as Uno, John Lloyd Cruz's role.  Wait.  I do have a daughter who is almost as old as he is.  She may not be my flesh and blood, but she's my daughter just the same.  I even have two grandsons with her.  Anyways, what I mean is, I would have given birth to a son or daughter as old as John Lloyd Cruz(at least in the film) if I gave in to my whims or whatever emotions that were running wild inside of me when I was fourteen to fifteen years old. At the age of seventeen, I wanted to elope with my then boyfriend who was almost thirty years old, but it didn't push through for I just decided to disappear from his life.  He is now happily married and I am so thankful that I didn't end up with him.  I would not dare elaborate.


I call you and you call me
It's funny how we get on so easily
We're just friends aren't we
You've got yours, I've got mine
And friends are all we ever could be
(But) We're getting to know each other
A little too well
(Getting to know each other)
(A little too well)
We're starting to show our feelings
And people can tell
(Ooh, people can tell)
Ev'ry time that your eyes meet mine
I light up like a neon sign
Yes, We're getting to know each other
A little too well...
(Getting to know each other)
(A little too well...)
We have lunch ev'ry now and then
And I find myself humming love songs
Again and again
Too many nights I'm workin' 'till ten 
And I hope that you know 
That It's hopeless to go on when
(Repeat chorus except last line) 
(Getting to know each other) 
Getting to know each other
A little too well
(Getting to know each other) 
(A little too well)

Some members of the Cast, and they are all good:
Jennylyn Mercado IS CJ Manalo
John Lloyd Cruz IS Uno Abusado
Richard Yap IS Capt. Gatchalian
Joel Torre as Mr. Manalo
Maria Isabel Lopez as Mrs. Manalo
Manuel Chua as AJ Manalo
Joem Bascon as BJ Manalo
Ketchup Eusebio as Uno's best friend
Victor Silayan as Uno's friend
Fifth Solomon as CJ's friend
Yana Asistio as CJ's friend
Chun sa Jung IS Hopia
Kudos to the ENTIRE Cast and Crew!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13