The Hunger Games: Mockingjay(Part 1) Movie(2014)


Directed by 
Writing Credits  
Peter Craig ... (screenplay) and
Danny Strong ... (screenplay)

Suzanne Collins ... (adaptation)


My movie dates :-)  

THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy is dystopic as dystopic could be.  Almost every scene is heartbreaking.  It is very futuristic, but the whims of The Capitol is very, very barbaric.  Politics and showbiz are at their worst.  Graft and corruption is vehemently displayed.  Slaves are mere toys for the powerful.  It's a if they were only born to entertain the upper crust of society.  It does not matter if they have to die in the end. 

All the exciting scenes are reserved for part 2, but you won't be able to appreciate it that much if you won't watch the first part. They(the rebels and The Capitol), try to make everything exciting.  The Capitol is trying to dishearten everyone that is not one with them and would kill people who would try to escape.  They sensationalize everything...even the rebels sensationalize everything in the guise of giving people hope.

There were some dragging scenes and I must admit I sort of dozed off in some other parts, but as a whole, I liked it very, very much.

Jennifer Lawrence is Katniss Everdeen and Katniss is Jennifer.  She is definitely the life of this movie(and the trilogy) and without her, the story would not be the same.  


I watch the woman on the screen. Her body seems larger in stature, more imposing than mine. Her face smudged but sexy. Her brows black and drawn in an angle of defiance. Wisps of smoke – suggesting she has either just been extinguished or is about to burst into flames – rise from her clothes. I do not know who this person is.(5.68)- Katniss Everdeen, Mockingjay

I'm excited to see the next part.  If if is true to the book, I already know who she ends up with and I understand why.  I also know which President she kills in the end.

Some say that in the movie, there might be a wedding...I hope they won't need to do that, but I guess they are talking about friends.

If you have not seen the movie, go to the nearest cinema complex now! ;-)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)