One Small Hitch (2013)

Publicity poster for the film, One Small Hitch.


From Imdb
Director: John Burgess
Writer: Dode B. Levenson


What can I say?  I like this movie.  If I didn't like it, then why would I watch it two whole times? 

It had some hitches(not just one---hahaha---oh, only one was small), yes, and maybe I would've want some of the situations to be different, but those wrong decisions kind of made this movie exciting.

I love the chemistry between SHANE MCRAE AND AUBREY DOLLAR.   There were many, many stories with the kind of relationship they have, and even in real life, I know a lot of people's relationships transcend to a higher level, and have loved each other even beyond death.

Their kind of love is beautiful.  It may have started as a sham,  but I like how their love grew, and how the sham became real.

There are many stories too that have started from a small stitch to knots, to weaves, to cardigans, to woven blankets, to tangled webs, to untangled webs, et cetera, et cetera.
I like how Mr. Levenson thinks, and how he made an old premise seem like something new, by adding a lot of situations that could be funny, but also deep at the same time.

I also like the style of directing of Mr. Burgess. 

Kudos to the cast and crew, but I also want to add extra props to Ms. Claire Simon and Ms. Monika Mikkelsen for choosing the right cast.  
  • Shane McRae as Josh Shiffman
  • Aubrey Dollar as Molly Mahoney
  • Daniel J. Travanti as Max Shiffman, Josh's dad
  • Janet Ulrich Brooks as Frida Shiffman, Josh's mom
  • Ron Dean as Art Burke, Molly's stepdad
  • Mary Jo Faraci as Doreen Mahoney, Molly's mom
  • Robert Belushi as Sean Mahoney, Molly's brother, and Josh's best friend
  • Rebecca Spence as Carla Mahoney, Molly's sister-in-law and good friend
  • Heidi Johanningmeier as Giselle Brousard, Josh's "something", a Divorce lawyer
  • Matt Trudeau as the gorgeous ER Doctor
  • Jen Lilley as Larisa, one of Molly's good friends

Would I watch this again?  Yes.  Why not?  :-)

The first time I watched this was an accident, but the second time was by choice.

I tackles a lot of things:  Difference of religion; bounderies; true friendship; flings; true love ++++

It has conflicts, yes, but they are very relatable and believable.  It doesn't offer any magic solution to anything, but it does give you a light feeling, that even if problems are very real in our lives, there are many, many things to be grateful for, and to laugh about.

Oh, and that "Once a cheater, always a cheater" saying is NOT always true.

Well, instead of giving spoilers, I just hope more could still get to see this.  It's not a waste of time.  

I think this link is OK to share:

I hope you like it as much as I do.  

By the way, guys like this too(just in case you're wondering).  

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

:-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)