MAZE RUNNER 3: The Death Cure (PG) 2018

Thomas leads some escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet. To save their friends, they must break into the legendary Last City, a WCKD-controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get answers to the questions that the Gladers have been asking since they arrived in the maze.-WWW
Directed by: Wes Ball
Starring: Dylan O'Brien(Thomas), Kaya Scodelario(Teresa), Aiden Gillen(Janson), Patricia Clarkson(Paige), Will Poulter(Gally), Rosa Salazar(Brenda), Lee Ki Hong/Ki Hong Lee(Minho), Giancarlo Esposito(Jorge), Barry Pepper(Vince) and Thomas Brodie-Sangster(Newt)
Written for the screen: T.S. Nowlin
Based on James Dashner's The Maze Runner series for Young Adults

With the exception of visiting the doctors and going to church(and having lunch) with my family the past couple of Sundays, I haven't done any extra curricular activities, but yesterday evening, I was able to watch MAZE RUNNER: The Death Cure.

The movie version is very exciting and even better than the first two, thank goodness, but since I am still not out of the woods just yet, my knees weakened more after the movie that I was frowning while going out the theatre(Dad actually liked it more than I did).  I wonder how I am writing about this now.  I was not able to write about the Scorch Trials(MRST) because even if I was healthier, I felt worse after the movie or probably it was because in 2015 alone, there were about twelve(12) zombie movies...yeah, more or less and maybe I had enough.  Yes.  That year, it was too much for me even if they called them CRANKS.

I had to watch MRST again on Television to appreciate it.  I have nothing against Rosa Salazar who is a great actor and is beautiful in her own right, but it's hard to be TEAM BRENDA if she's up against Kaya Scodelario, who acted so well in this final installment of the trilogy(and I am not saying she more beautiful than Rosa because her beauty is different from hers) and whose character, Teresa Agnes, had some inner turmoils of her own.

A couple of our male protagonists were acting since they were little: Thomas Brodie-Sansgter(Sam in Love Actually) and Will Poulter(Eustace Scrubb in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader).  Both of them have honed their craft.

I won't write a litany on how the veterans acted because I won't be able to finish this in months.  All of them are very effective and convincing, especially Aidan Gillen.  

There were lots of nail-biting scenes...not really scary,  but enough to put us on the edge of our seats.

We were fortunate to watch the movie with a great crowd(maybe that was why I liked this movie---because of the crowd---if not for them...).  There were some who did not hide their emotions and even applauded at the end of the movie.  I applauded and stood for ANG LARAWAN, HENERAL LUNA, HONOR THY FATHER and the like, but even if I like this and I think this movie is worth watching, it did not compel me to give them a standing ovation or simply clap my hands.

Would I watch this again? Most probably on TV in the future, but who knows?  Maybe sooner than I think, if given a chance or if someone asks me to.  On my own I wouldn't watch it again. I like it, but I don't love it.
I'll leave everything technical to the experts:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)