Baywatch 2017 (R-16)


Matt Brody(Efron) is a former Olympic swimmer who wants to join an elite team of lifeguards led by the hulking Mitch Buchannon(Johnson). Brody thinks he's a shoo-in, but his casual attitude starts to instantly rub Mitch the wrong way. When drugs and a shady resort owner pose a threat to the bay, Mitch and Matt must put their differences aside to spring into action and save the day. -WWW

Directed by: Seth Gordon

Writing Credits:
Michael Berk ... (based on the series "Baywatch" created by) &
Douglas Schwartz ... (based on the series "Baywatch" created by) and
Gregory J. Bonann ... (based on the series "Baywatch" created by)

Jay Scherick ... (story by) &
David Ronn ... (story by) and
Thomas Lennon ... (story by) &
Robert Ben Garant ... (story by)

Damian Shannon ... (screenplay) &
Mark Swift ... (screenplay)

The trailer has been around for quite sometime now and I'm glad that even if I'm a fan of the TV Series, the trailer still made me pretty excited to see how they reimagined things and if it could at least be at par with the TV series that lifted up the careers of many people.

Baywatch 2017 did not live up to my expectations, based on the trailer.  Thankfully,  even if there are many incredible and funny parts, there are some nuggets of wisdom here and there.  

I like the flow of the story(besides being a remake, the story is not new, but is very, very relevant) and the action scenes.

There is nothing much more I can say, but sit back, relax and have a barrel of laughs.  Enjoy the movie.  Don't think too much.  It was not written to be that way.

Even if I'm a tad disappointed, I did enjoy and I will watch the sequel.  Yes, there is at least one.

For technical and other aspects, I've chosen these reviews:

Review: ‘Baywatch,’ a Romp Full of Surf, Sand and Lots of Skin




Baywatch (2017) by Common Sense Media



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)