Skeletons in our closets and the monsters we create (Iron Man 3)

File:Iron Man 3 theatrical poster.jpg
We Asians were able to watch this much earlier than the stated release date

Storyline from imdb:

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man? Written by Jawadjee

From Wikipedia:

Directed byShane Black
Produced byKevin Feige and Marvel Studios

Screenplay by
Based onIron Man
by Stan Lee
Don Heck
Larry Lieber
Jack Kirby
Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures
Note: These paragraphs below are personal stuff that I am sort of integrating with my thoughts about the movie, but you can scroll down to read the part I wrote about Iron Man 3 if you're pressed for time. ;-)
Yes, there are people who can't stand me, but more often than not, people think I'm an angel. No kidding. Even if there are tons of people who think otherwise, there are still more of them that think I'm a saint.

Yet, I am far from it.  From being a saint or an angel, that is.


Like everyone, I have skeletons in my closet and I have created monsters in the past


There were people who were traumatized by me and probably plotting my death for years.  I may have been victimized by a lot of people, but I have terrorized a bunch of them too.

Last Wednesday, before watching Iron Man 3 while eating in a cafe near the cinemas, a lady joined our small group. 

She looked so harmless so I didn't question her, but something in my gut told me otherwise.

Anyways, I still convinced myself that we were a  group and she was alone... that maybe, just maybe she was just very, very tired. 

She did not order anything, but she was not stealing anything, so I tried to ignore her, but when she pretended to make her phone her mirror and raised the direction to us, my nephew in particular, I felt something was very, very wrong. I went near her and then she panicked. She started to type some gibberish words.

With a harsh tone I told her we couldn't afford to pay ransom then she left. From afar we saw that she had companions watching, but they ran away.

Was it bad of me to pray that her phone be destroyed?

The guard saw everything, but he thought it was a private squabble so he did not do anything.

We were shaken, but dad said, we have to go on living. Not because something like that happened we should live like ostriches or build bomb shelters.  We have to balance things, be careful, but not be overly paranoid. (More below)



Iron Man 3 rocks! I still believe it shouldn't have been rated G because of the violence, but mom said not to be worried because even with the violence, there were lots of comedic scenes. People were laughing in most of the parts and the kids were excited about a lot of scenes. 

My nephew understood about the Extremis virus so I wasn't too worried about him, but I tried to observe the younger kids.  They were scared and a bit confused.





My favorite parts were the "House Party Protocol", "The Mechanic's gift to Harley", and the "barrel of monkeys skydiving" even if I don't think I could do that in real life.


From Pinterest 

I am just glad that I'm not ultra rich like Tony Stark and I'm praying really hard, though I don't think someone I've encountered in the past could be a mad scientist or anything like that, that I couldn't have created someone that could destroy the world.


I just have to lay everything at the Lord's feet, put myself on the palm of His hands and learn to trust Him more and more each day.


Cast from Wikipedia:

Cast





Paul Bettany reprises his role from previous films as J.A.R.V.I.S., Stark's AI system.

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)