SAFE, a film by Boaz Yakin, starring Jason Statham

(source)
Introduction:
Jason Statham(JS) was one of the favorite actors of my baby brother, RJ, who is now in heaven.

I remember one time I already bought tickets for a certain movie, but we had to wait an hour for our turn. After buying hot dogs from his favorite stall in Glorietta 4(Smokey's), I took his hand so that we could walk around Ayala Center first.  He didn't like it.  He did what I "hated" the most.  He wailed like a baby.  He wanted to watch a movie right that very moment. Most of the movies had guaranteed seating and the only one that had free seating and allowed one to enter anytime was CRANK: HIGH VOLTAGE.   He was pulling me in that direction.  I did not want to, but what can I do?   JS was his idol.  Halfheartedly, I immediately traded our tickets.

He was clapping all throughout the movie, but I on the other hand, was cringing.  I like watching action films in including the ones featuring him, but it was not one of them. Anyways, now that RJ's gone, I promised myself that I would watch every movie featuring JS.

      Rambo meets the Oriental version of Shrinidhi Prakash

From DeadCurious.com
Jason Statham and Catherine Chan
"Are we safe?" young Mei asked.
"One day at a time.."  said Luke

There was another reason why I wanted to watch this film. This was written and directed by Boaz Yakin, a person I admire in both fields.  Even if the story isn't perfect, I enjoyed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and was moved with Uptown Girls, so I was very excited to see SAFE.

Catherine Chan as Mei and Jason Statham as Luke Wright, have, in my opinion, have a good on screen chemistry of a believable friendship.  Their characters were brought together by fate and became allies due to mitigating circumstances.

A lot of people have reviewed this already, so this is only what I have to say: The movie, with some forgivable flaws, did not disappoint me and my companions, along with the rest of the crowd in the cinema. It is definitely worth watching. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)