You to me are everything (2010)


To publish or not to publish, that is the question.

Dingdong Dantes's character, Rafael Iñigo Benitez III, is one person I could relate to.

Some years back my dad and his colleagues were...let's just use the term "sued"...by the Sandiganbayan...I can't speak for everyone, but it's because dad was in one of the highest positions in his work place, and he signed certain vouchers that he wasn't supposed to because in his mind, others already signed and that they were sensible people.

Anyways, I can't really expound about it, but as I watched Rafael go down in the dumps, I wondered what would happen to my very loving father whom I love and respect so much.

Earlier on, he could have squandered billions, but he didn't.  He could have given us the world, but he didn't.  He could have done a lot of things, but didn't have the heart to.  I know there's no big or small thing when it comes to cases like this one.  What's wrong is wrong.  We cannot candy coat that.  Still, when I look at the people who act as if they are God Almighty and get away with murder, I wonder... Is it fair????

Anyways, my point is, I felt for Rafael.  I felt his angst and I believe Dingdong was able to be Rafael during the duration of the movie.

How did Marian do?  She became Iska who suddenly was in a world so different from what she was used to.  She's not dumb.  As a matter of fact, she was...is street smart.  She knows this and that.  It's true that when it comes to terminologies and the like she is so naive, but other than that, she has a good heart and is full of compassion.

The actors were all chosen well and I believe they all did their best, including the bit players.

Snowy did quite a good job too.

Aloy Adlawan surely can write, and Mark A. Reyes V definitely knows how to direct. Oh, and by the way, the great director even had a cameo in this film.

I think with the correct subtitles this could have international appeal too.  It has all the elements any race could relate too plus there's some cultural element in it.

Hmm... There's something else I wanna say, but I couldn't figure it out.

Oh, I think I got it.  If I remember correctly, the song, which the title of this movie is "borrowed" from, was one of things the DLSZ band played during our High School graduation.  I'm just not sure.  

Anyways, I guess I better put my pen down now.

Now the question is, would I publish this piece or not?

Maybe when I'm ready.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)