The movies I watched from September to October (2009)

Reading about Heart Evangelista's award winning acting in the Indie Film called "Ay Ayeng" made me sigh.  Shucks.  Why haven't I heard about this movie?  It bagged most of the awards so I guess it's a great film.

Due to recent events, before reading about the Indie Film, I was wondering about her.  Heart's a great actress. Yes, she's an heiress and all, but she's in a class of her own. 

Just as I was thinking about her, she bagged the best actress trophy and the much coveted role as Sharon Cuneta's daughter in Mano Po 6: My Mother.

I guess I shouldn't "worry" about her then. ;-)



The Movies I did get to see

[kimmy.jpg]
I watched this movie four times. Laugh trip!  Although there were unnecessary comments, I overlooked them because there were many, many times that the audience laughed...as in roared with laughter...they even clapped and loved every moment of it.

Kudos to the cast and crew!

Eugene, you deserve to have more meatier projects. I'm just so happy they finally gave you one as a LEAD actor. Thanks to Piolo!

Here's to greater projects in the future!

RED CLIFF

4 stars
Although there were some unneeded scenes, this epic film, for me, was wonderfully made.  Even if I agree with my dad and some of my friends who have seen this that this is nothing compared to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; House of the Flying Daggers; or Hero, I never regretted a single moment watching this film.  

"The Art of War" (the tactics/strategies) can be applied to daily life, including business.

(Plus Takeshi Kaneshiro...aaaahhhh...he is definitely one of my favorite actors) 



Five Stars
  • Nora Ephron is Nora Ephron (I love (almost)everything she does)
  • Amy Adams is a darling
  • Meryl Streep was wonderful as Julia Child.
Need I say more?

This is definitely a traveler's film. I love it!  I could relate to Georgia in more ways than one.  Unless it's a ghostwriting job, I lose my kefi or mojo lots of times, so there are times when I feel my life has no direction too. I love traveling in Georgia's shoes.  Not only that, her eyes became my eyes, and her thoughts became my thoughts, at least while the movie was showing.
Georgia (Nia Vardalos), a travel guide, feels that her life as no direction. Her kefi, or mojo, is gone. But, as she leads a ragtag group of tourists through her native Greece, she begins to see the world in a new light. Georgia opens the group's eyes to the beauty of an exotic land, and, in the process, rediscovers her kefi.
Initial release28 May 2009 (Greece)
Box office20.5 million USD
Initial DVD release6 October 2009 (USA)

THE CAST:
Nia Vardalos as Georgia Ianakopolis
Richard Dreyfuss as Irv Gideon
Alexis Georgoulis as Poupi Kakas
Alistair McGowan as Nico
Harland Williams as Big Al Sawchuck
Rachel Dratch as Kim Sawchuck
Caroline Goodall as Dr. Elizabeth Tullen
Ian Ogilvy as Mr. Stewart Tullen
Sophie Stuckey as Caitlin Tullen
María Botto as Lala
María Adánez as Lena
Brian Palermo as Marc Mallard
Jareb Dauplaise as Gator
Simon Gleeson as Ken
Natalie O'Donnell as Sue
Sheila Bernette as Dorcas
Ralph Nossek as Barnaby
Bernice Stegers as Maria
Rita Wilson as Elinor
Ian Gomez as Hotel Clerk 
I like this film.  It may not be the best there is, but I really was  surprised to like this film.  I honestly don't like the spoiled brat series much because of the cattiness (but of course, LOL) of Angelina (sorry, Ogie...you're great as Angelina, but I just don't like her TV character much), but I like this film.

3 STARS  (quality) and 4 STARS  (acceptability)
Although I loved the original more, I like this film because it is wholesome and it is not entirely a remake, but a "re-imagining". They could have chosen a better song for graduation, though because even if it is a "nice" song, it's hard to remember. No "oomph!" 



Cute! (although there were a few kids that were scared of the"robot")
This is a poster for The Informant!. The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the film, Warner Bros. Pictures, the publisher of the film or the graphic artist.

Whoa! "A Beautiful Mind" all over again.  The difference is: The Nobel Prize. (I loved Matt Damon's and Scott Bakula's acting...both 5 stars) He had "good intentions", but we know what those pave the way of...Anyways, it's a good film...the topic is very controversial, but it  was presented in such a way that will make it entertain you.

****
Thanks for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)