Finding Comfort by Nelson Dy






God's timing is ALWAYS perfect.

I have just come home from service last night, and felt like resting.  Even if I was beat, I felt light inside, so when the book FINDING COMFORT by Nelson Dy arrived on my lap, I said to myself, "What in the world was Christian thinking? Why did he think I would like this book?  Did he think I was disturbed?  Was I an outcast?"

Imagine, the back blurb said: Unloved. Unfulfilled. Unforgiven. Unwanted. Uncertain.

Huh? It's true that I am sorta kinda broken, but I know I'm loved, blah, blah, blah...

(Pride.)

Yet as I opened the book and started reading, it felt like it was written just for me (How selfish can I get?). =) [Sowee, no spoilers...]

Finding Comfort was written by a person from my former community (BF Homes Christian Fellowship, now known as Bread from Heaven  Community Church...no longer are they only found @ BF Homes Las Pinas...they have other "branches" too) that I have never met and yet, I think I found myself a new prospective friend (and that's what he hopes to gain with this book...a new friend). I'm also excited to meet his wife, Lucy. Would I have the guts to write him, or is this blog entry as good as it gets?

Finding Comfort is a "great" book because of its honesty and simplicity. It's a book for everyone...broken or not.

You will easily find "yourself" in one of the characters, if not all, and you can easily relate to them.

Finding Comfort is a page turner and a book that you will read all over again. (Why didn't I just write a review? Ah, it's because it's more personal this way.) 

=)

So what are you waiting for? Get your copy right now!

TOC
  1. Introduction
  2. put in suspense
  3. the unloved wife
  4. wounded yesterdays
  5. the furnace of suffering
  6. when disappointment strikes
  7. the dungeon of doubt
  8. treasures in the darkness
  9. turning bitterness into trust
  10. finding the secret comfort
  11. a personal note from the author

(published by Crossover Books--Church Strengthening Ministry, Inc. P.O. Box 2656 MCPO 1226, Makati City. 


Email: csm@i-manila.com.ph

Website: http://www.csm-publishing.net ISBN: 971-717-925-5)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Atonement (2008)