Hapis at Himagsik ni Hermano Puli/Magnificent 7/Pentatonix Concert at the Big Dome

Oh my!  I haven't watched Barcelona: A Love Untold and Bridget Jones's Baby.  I can't believe it. I'll watch them later. Anyways, here are two movies I watched last week and The Pentatonix Concert at the Big Dome




Hermano Pule/Puli's life has always fascinated me. My dad's side of the family is from Quezon Province, formerly known as Tayabas. I have met some of the members of the existing brotherhood(well, I have no proof if they are really members) and was in awe of their mysticism et cetera bordering in the occult. I asked myself, if Hermano Puli was not a heretic, how come his disciples(again, I have no proof that they really are) seem so? So besides the little info found on text books, I studied his life. He did repent in the end, but he was not able to correct the teachings during his last year on earth. The Brotherhood started well, similar to the revival/Born Again way of having a personal relationship with God, but it was marred when the accusations led to the agony, rage and revolution that boiled inside the heart of Hermano Puli.

I am grateful that this movie was well researched, acted and directed.

Hermano Puli's demeanor and whole personality was interpreted by Aljur Abrenica quite well.

It's sad that only a few were watching with us at one of the cinemas at SM Southmall. At the loge and balcony sections there were about 30-35 people and in the orchestra section there were less than ten.

I hope more people would watch this.

#aljurabrenica #gilmportes #enriqueramos #vinabrenica #markkistroem #archieadamos #louisedelosreyes #rosspesigan #kikomatos #enzopineda #allenabrenica #menggoecpbarrubias #simonibarra #alvinanson #alvinfortuna #stellacanetemendoza #sueprado #eloraespano #divamontelaba #abelestanislao
http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/238213/hermano-puli-this-years-heneral-luna-opens-sept-21/






Looking to mine for gold, greedy industrialist Bartholomew Bogue seizes control of the Old West town of Rose Creek. With their lives in jeopardy, Emma Cullen and other desperate residents turn to bounty hunter Sam Chisolm (Denzel Washington) for help. Chisolm recruits an eclectic group of gunslingers to take on Bogue and his ruthless henchmen. With a deadly showdown on the horizon, the seven mercenaries soon find themselves fighting for more than just money once the bullets start to fly. -WWW

When I watch movies like this one, I tend to be happy when evil people get killed mercilessly because in my mind they are just getting their just deserts.  Morality aside, I think it just means that the actors are effective in immersing people into the story, making people forget that they are just watching a movie.

On the other hand, it gives me the shudders to think I could live in that kind of environment.  

I've watched the original Magnificent Seven.  Even then, I felt the people's agony and how they needed the SEVEN.

That movie and the TV series have similarities with this 2016 version, but I like this update better.  

#haleybennett #denzelwashington #chrispratt #leehyungbin #ethanhawke #mattbomer #petersaargard #vincentdoforio #manuelgarciarulfo #martinsensmeir #jonathanjoss #jodymullins #themagnificentseven2016 #hideooguni #antoinefuqua #richardwenk 



PENTATONIX is one of the best singing groups in the world and I was so happy to be a part of the audience, even if our tickets were  not as expensive as the others.  

The crowd loved every song number(and Cello performance) and the group's dance moves.

Unlike my bestie(and apparently, the rest of the audience in the Big Dome), I am not so up to date with all of the members and all of their songs.  I just know a few and all of those few that I know, I love.  

There's just one thing that didn't sound natural(even if they were all sincere), one-by-one, they said that they were all glad to be back because the crowd in the Philippines is their favourite.

Anyways, the crowd seemed to believe them, and the Philippine crowd is probably one of their favourites, if not their ultimate favourite.  




#mitchgrassi #kirstinmaldonado #avikaplan #scotthoying #kevinolusola #pentatonix #bigdome #aranetacoliseum 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)